Start using Hyperledger Besu with plugins
If you have been deploying Besu using the Ansible Role on Galaxy, Kubernetes reference implementations, or Docker image, contact us for an equivalent version with the ConsenSys Quorum plugins for Hyperledger Besu.
If you are using a newer Besu version than is included in the distribution provided with your ConsenSys Quorum Support subscription, features added to Besu after the version included in the provided distribution will no longer be available.
To upgrade your node:
- Obtain the binary distribution for the updated version. Contact us if you need more information.
- Stop Besu.
- Unpack the downloaded files and replace the existing Besu installation with the new distribution. To ensure the previous installation is replaced, options are:
- Put the new distribution in a new directory and sym link a
currentdirectory to the new directory.
Delete the existing installation before replacing with the new distribution.
If deleting the existing installation, ensure you delete only the installation files not the data directory or node keys.
We recommend storing your
.toml configuration file under version control.
The additional steps required to start using specific plugins depends on the feature.
The encrypted storage plugin must be enabled when the node is started for the first time and the blockchain database is created. That is, you must resynchronize your node to start using encrypted storage.
To start using encrypted storage:
Hardware security module (HSM)
To ensure the security of your node key, we recommend starting a new node rather than adding the existing node key to the HSM.
- Start a new Besu node with Luna HSM configured.
- Synchronize the Besu node to the network.
- If required, vote the new node in as a validator.